MEC&F Expert Engineers : SEMI-TRUCK WRECKS ON I-459 AT I-20 IN BIRMINGHAM, AL. THE SEMI OVERTURNED, ROLLED AND LOST ITS LOAD IN THE CRASH, SPILLING METAL PIPES ONTO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Monday, January 12, 2015

SEMI-TRUCK WRECKS ON I-459 AT I-20 IN BIRMINGHAM, AL. THE SEMI OVERTURNED, ROLLED AND LOST ITS LOAD IN THE CRASH, SPILLING METAL PIPES ONTO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.



SEMI-TRUCK WRECKS ON I-459 AT I-20 IN BIRMINGHAM, AL.  THE SEMI OVERTURNED, ROLLED AND LOST ITS LOAD IN THE CRASH, SPILLING METAL PIPES ONTO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.




Posted: Jan 12, 2015 11:32 AM EST Updated: Jan 12, 2015 1:47 PM EST

Source: Greg Long/WBRC

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -
A semi-truck was involved in a crash on I-459 in Birmingham on Monday morning.

The wreck happened on westbound I-459 getting onto I-20 eastbound. The semi overturned, rolled and lost its load in the crash, spilling metal pipes onto the side of the road.
The truck was operated by Alabama Carrier. The truck driver was taken to the hospital. There is no word on the driver's condition.

Several law enforcement agencies responded to the scene. No other vehicles were involved.

Traffic was moving freely but going slowly after the crash.