(Photo: Marcella Corona/RGJ)
Sparks, NV house a total loss after roof collapses in fire
Marcella Corona, firstname.lastname@example.org 2:17 p.m. PDT September 23, 2016
A Sparks home is a total loss after burning Wednesday.
Nobody was injured in the blaze, which started about 4 p.m. in the 700 block of Francesca Way, Division Chief Jim Reid of the Sparks Fire Department said.
"The structure fire was made worse by the winds," Reid said.
The three residents were not inside the home when it went up in flames, Reid said. A family pet was home during the fire, and was found deceased during the search.
The fire caused the roof to collapse, and crews had to cut an opening through the garage.
27 personnel responded to the fire including aid from Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and the Reno Fire Department. NV Energy and TMWA responded to the scene to secure utilities.
Red Cross was requested and assisted the family.