Fargo anhydrous ammonia leak handled quickly
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:13 a.m. CDT by Don Haney
FARGO (KFGO) - Fargo firefighters and police were called out around midnight after anhydrous ammonia was found leaking from a valve on a tanker truck in the parking lot at the Biltmore Hotel and Suites at I-29 and Main Avenue.
Police say the leak was small and didn't pose a big risk to anyone because it was more than 100 feet from the hotel and bar so there were no evacuations. The fire department's hazmat team was called in to handle the leak.
After speaking with Fargo Police and Fargo Fire Department officials, the tanker truck with the anhydrous leak has been dealt with and the truck sent to Grand Forks for a repair to a cracked valve.