MEC&F Expert Engineers : 3-alarm fire at the Hunter’s Run Apartments in Arapahoe County, Colorado; 24 units were either damaged or destroyed in the fire.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

3-alarm fire at the Hunter’s Run Apartments in Arapahoe County, Colorado; 24 units were either damaged or destroyed in the fire.




Firefighter injured, units destroyed in two-alarm fire at Arapahoe County apartment complex

KMGH
       
ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. – Multiple Denver-area fire crews battled large flames at an apartment complex near Yale and Ulster in Arapahoe County Monday afternoon.

The fire burned at the Hunter’s Run Apartments. Crews were first called out to the fire just before 4 p.m.

Cunningham Fire Chief Jerry Rhodes says one firefighter and two residents were transported to an area hospital for treatment for minor smoke inhalation. Four deputies were also treated.

It said the fire was contained, though crews stayed for several more hours to put out hot spots. Searches did not turn up any outstanding people inside after the blaze was extinguished.

But several animals were saved from the fire.

"For her, it's going to be fantastic, they're her babies," said Harolyn Ostron, whose daughter's two cats were saved.

Ostron said her daughter is one of the two tenants who had to be taken to the hospital.

"When I got here I couldn't find her, and then I saw her on one of the gurneys," she said. "Told she'd be fine, smoke inhalation."

A total of 75 firefighters responded to the fire.

"I heard the fire alarm and I just looked outside and I saw flames coming out of the unit next to me," said resident Dexter Victoria who lost everything.

Denver Fire says 24 units were either damaged or destroyed in the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting people displaced by the fire.

"I just ran out with my shorts and sandals, that's it -- that's all I left," he said. "Just kind of look at it, just kind of breath a little bit, and start over."