BEAR, Del. (WPVI) --
Firefighters were battling a house fire in Bear, Delaware.
It broke out before noon in the unit block of Paisley Street at the St. Andrews Town Homes.
Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the back of the home.
Other townhouses were evacuated, and a second alarm was struck, followed by a third.
The fire had reportedly spread through attics to four homes.
At least one firefighter was reported to have suffered a minor injury.
There was no immediate word what sparked the blaze.
A three-alarm fire displaced six families Thursday afternoon after a blaze swept through a block of Bear-area townhouses, according to officials.
Firefighters were dispatched about 11:55 a.m. to St. Andrews Apartments in the first block of Paisley Street near U.S. 40 for the report of an outside fire, said Christiana Fire Chief Rich Perillo.
But when companies arrived on scene, fire was visible from the outside of one home, as well as inside the first and second floors of the townhouses, Perillo said. Further investigation showed that the fire had spread up into the attic area, as well.
The fire continued to blaze early Thursday afternoon, affecting four townhomes in the process. However, the families in all six homes on the block were displaced, Perillo said. The Red Cross is helping to find them places to stay in the meantime