It’s National Ladder Safety MonthPosted on by
The goals for the inaugural National Ladder Safety Month observance, sponsored by the American Ladder Institute, are to heighten awareness, reinforce safety training, and educate homeowners and workers. For more information about this safety observance, visit the National Ladder Safety Month website.
The campaign’s four weekly focus areas include:
- March 1 – 11: Overall Importance of Ladder Safety
- March 12 – 18: Ladder Safety at Work
- March 19 – 25: Ladder Safety at Home
- March 26 – April 1: Ladder Inspection and Disposal
We want to hear from you! What are you doing to raise awareness about ladder safety in your organization this week?
Peter Simeonov, PhD, is a Research Safety Engineer in the Protective Technology Branch in the NIOSH Division of Safety Research.
Sydney Webb, PhD, is a Health Communications Specialist in the NIOSH Division of Safety Research.
- CPSC (US Consumer Product Safety Commission) . Unpublished data from the National Injury Information Clearinghouse (CPSC) using the CPSC’s Injury Cost Model.
- CDC, National Center for Health Statistics . Multiple Cause of Death 1999-2015 on CDC WONDER Online Database. Accessed at http://wonder.cdc.gov/mcd-icd10.html.
- Socias C., Chaumont Menéndez C, Collins J, Simeonov P . Occupational Ladder Fall Injuries – United States, 2011. MMWR 63(16), April 25, 2014; 341-346.