Investigators think a propane barbecue grill may have sparked a fire in Medford, Burlington County, NJ that left three townhouses damaged. (WPVI)
Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:01AM
MEDFORD, N.J. (WPVI) -- Investigators think a propane barbecue grill may have sparked a fire in Medford, Burlington County, that left three townhouses damaged.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 p.m. Saturday on Wentwood Court.
Firefighters arrived to heavy flames from the back of one of the homes.
It went to two alarms before firefighters were able to bring it under control.
With warm weather just around the corner, officials caution, be aware of safety precautions when using those grills.
"Just be careful with the propane gas grills. Like is said, we don't know that's for sure that's what it is, but that's where we're looking right now, in the area of the back deck," said Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Dovi.
No one was injured, but three families had to find somewhere else to stay.