- Employer Name:
- Universal Health Services of Doylestown Inc.
- 833 East Butler Ave.
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Corporate Headquarters:
- Universal Health Services Inc.
- 367 South Gulph Road
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Investigation findings: OSHA's inspection began on May 13, 2016, after the Allentown area office received a complaint alleging problems related to workplace violence at the facility.
TThe agency cited the serious violations for the company's failure to:
- Protect workers from the hazard of workplace violence such as physical assaults by patients (e.g., by ensuring workers used protective arm guards to protect against injuries from incidents of biting.)
- Conduct an annual review of its bloodborne pathogen program.
- Provide annual bloodborne pathogen training to registered nurses and mental health technicians.
Proposed penalties: $36,701
The citation can be viewed at: https://www.osha.gov/ooc/citations/UHSofDoylestownLLC_1147891.pdf.
The employer has 15 business days from receipt of its citations and proposed penalties to comply, request a conference with OSHA's area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission. To ask questions; obtain compliance assistance; file a complaint; or report amputations, eye loss, workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers, the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the agency's Allentown area office at 267-429-7542.