SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
COLLETON CO., S.C. (WCIV) — Colleton County Fire and Rescue responded to the Ruby Tuesday's on Sniders Highway Saturday morning after a worker was electrocuted.
According to CCFR officials, a 31-year-old Georgia man was guiding a large Best Western motel sign in place when the crane cable hit a power line overhead.
The man was knocked to the ground and unresponsive but was resuscitated by firefighter paramedics who came in from just a mile away. Officials said a nurse who was at a nearby gas station also ran over to help.
The man was taken to Colleton Medical Center and then the Trauma Center at Trident Medical in Summerville before finally going to a burn center for his injuries.
Man resuscitated after electrocution in Colleton County Sunday, September 25th 2016, 3:58 pm EDTSunday, September 25th 2016, 4:01 pm EDT
By Carli Drayton, Digital Content Producer
Source: Live 5
Source: Live 5 COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -
A man was electrocuted Saturday morning, while working to change out a motel sign.
The incident occurred at approximately 8:40 a.m., according to Colleton County Fire-Rescue.
The Georgia man, 31-years-old, was successfully resuscitated following an electrocution in the 1000 block of Sniders Highway in front of a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.
The man was part of a crew changing out a large elevated motel sign, when witnesses stated the sign or the crane cable made contact with overhead power lines.
The man was guiding the sign and was immediately knocked to the ground unresponsive, according to Colleton County Fire-Rescue.
Bystanders advised the sound was like two tractor trailers colliding.
Firefighters and paramedics that were located a mile from the scene, arrived quickly, found the man in cardiac arrest. They then began CPR, according to reports.
The patient was immediately defibrillated with a return of spontaneous circulation.
A nurse who was at a nearby gas station also responded to assist.
The man was transported to Colleton Medical Center to be stabilized.
He was then flown by medical helicopter to the Trauma Center at Trident Medical in Summerville.
Later Saturday evening, the man was awake and transferred to a Burn Center to treat his other injuries.