MEC&F Expert Engineers

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pedro Abad, the drunk New Jersey cop who killed his two friends at wrong-way crash, claims he may have been drugged at strip club before deadly crash.


Pedro Abad, the loser New Jersey cop in drunken wrong-way crash that killed two friends claims he 'may have been drugged at strip club before deadly crash' .  Of course this is just horse-excrement, but this is what lawyers do: create smoke screens to deflect the guilt from the numerous-times drunk and killer cop who killed his two friends and injured another.


How was this drunk cop allowed to stay on the force with his priors? This is the exact type of guy that gives cops a bad name.Of course this is New Jersey, the most corrupt state when comes to police officers.  They do whatever they want, they drink and drive, they kill people, they steal, they lie, they do not work, they abuse the overtime, they always claim they are injured, etc.  Total mess.



Pedro Abad, 28, a Linden, New Jersey, police officer, was charged with driving drunk after being involved in a wrong-way crash in New York City.


His friends, Linden officer Frank Viggiano and friend Joe Rodriguez, were killed in the March crash
Tests show Abad's blood alcohol content was three times the legal limit when the crash occurred
Police said Abad crashed into a tractor-trailer on the West Shore Expressway after the group left a Staten Island strip club at about 5am
Abad's lawyer told a judge that his client may have been drugged at the strip club and requested for his blood sample to be tested

By Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 12:47 EST, 29 October 2015 | Updated: 17:20 EST, 29 October 2015




A lawyer for an off-duty New Jersey police officer charged with driving drunk says his client may have been drugged at a strip club before a wrong-way crash in New York City that killed his two friends.

Attorney Mario Gallucci told a judge that an expert he hired 'found some medical evidence that could be interpreted to mean' suspended Linden police Officer Pedro Abad was given the date-rape drug known as GHB before the March crash on Staten Island.

He asked Judge Stephen Rooney if he could get Abad's blood sample to be tested.

Assistant District Attorney Mark Palladino said he would find out if a sample is available.

A phone message left with the strip club by The Associated Press wasn't immediately returned.




+11

Linden Police Officer Pedro Abad, who had a hearing at the Staten Island Courthouse Thursday, is pictured above exiting court with his aunt




+11

Police said Abad crashed into a tractor-trailer on the West Shore Expressway after the group left a strip club at about 5am on March 20




+11

Abad had been driving the wrong way on the highway, and his blood alcohol content was 0.24. The legal limit in New York is 0.08

Gallucci told Rooney that it is becoming common for strip clubs to offer GHB, which is short for gamma hydroxybutyrate, to men to try to get them to spend more money.

He said he is representing another client who said he was drugged and involved in a crash on the same highway.

Prosecutors say Abad, who pleaded not guilty last month, crashed head-on into a tractor-trailer after leaving the Curves strip club.

Tests later showed the officer's blood alcohol content was 0.24; the legal limit in New York is 0.08.

Hours before the crash, Abad had posted a photo on Instagram of three shot glasses filled with what he identified as 'Jack Daniels Fire on the house.'

Abad arrived in court Thursday in a wheelchair, his right foot and lower leg in a soft cast.



+11



+11

Abad (left) was allegedly drunk driving when he caused a wrong-way crash that killed another officer and a friend. Patrik Kudlac (right), 23, was critically injured in the crash



+11



+11

Linden officer Frank Viggiano (left) and Abad's friend Joe Rodriguez (right) were killed in the horrific crash on March 20

His attorney said he is scheduled for another surgery on December 1. His mother pushed him into the courthouse, but Abad was able to wheel himself to the defendant's table.

Frank Viggiano, a second off-duty Linden police officer, and Joseph Rodriguez — both 28 — died in the crash. A third officer, Patrik Kudlac, was critically injured.

Abad, 28, had two drunken-driving arrests in the last four years, including one for an accident in which he plowed through the wall of a convenience store, records show.

 

He was suspended from his job in September.  But of course the corrupt Linden Police Dept. will pay his full salary anyway.  Welcome to the corrupt State of New Jersey.  Crooks and thieves throughout the state, county and local governments.  That is why the State is almost bankrupt.

Abad was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence in Roselle, New Jersey, in January 2011 after his car 'put a hole completely through the building' housing a supermarket, a police report said.

He was issued a summons for driving under the influence and reckless driving, but apparently the case didn't conclude in any citations or violations, the state Motor Vehicle Commission said.



+11



+11

Just before the crash, Abad, pictured left, posted a photo on his Instagram page of three shot glasses filled with what he identified as 'Jack Daniels Fire on the house', pictured right




+11

The crash occurred after the three off-duty New Jersey cops and their friend left this Staten Island strip club

Thirteen months later, Abad was charged with DUI in Rahway, New Jersey.

A police dashboard camera video showed him weaving, wobbling and slurring his words as he attempted to complete a field sobriety test.

Abad broke his silence about the horrific ordeal last month when he uploaded a post on Instagram and Facebook.

Sporting a batman shirt, Abad posted a selfie and wrote a message about his injuries in the caption. He also wrote a tribute to Viggiano and Rodriguez. The post has since been deleted.

In June, four strippers and a club manager at two other New York strip club were charged with giving four men the stimulant methylone, commonly known as 'molly,' or the tranquilizer ketamine, and then taking the dazed and confused victims to the clubs, where their credit cards were swiped for a combined $200,000 in unauthorized charges.




+11

Abad wrote a message about his injuries and wrote a tribute to Linden officer Frank Viggiano and friend Joe Rodriguez, who were killed in the March 20 crash. The post has since been deleted

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3295429/Lawyer-Cop-drugged-strip-club-crash.html#ixzz3qa6Omnzm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Drunk Woodbridge, New Jersey cop critical from burns in fiery crash



Suzanne Russell, @SRussellMyCJ 2:32 p.m. EST 


November 4, 2015


WOODBRIDGE, NEW JERSEY


A six-year veteran of the Woodbridge Police Department is slowly recovering from burns suffered over half of his body following a fire after an early morning car crash last month, police said.  The blodd tests show that the cop was drunk at the time of the accident.

Michael Csanyi, 39, remains hospitalized, according to Police Capt. Roy Hoppock.

On Wednesday, Csanyi was listed in critical condition, according to a spokeswoman at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, where he is a patient in the burn unit.

Around 1:07 a.m. Oct. 13, police received a call about an auto accident on Ella Avenue off Avenel Street in the Avenel section of the township.

Police said Csanyi's personal vehicle caught fire after colliding with a parked vehicle. He was off-duty at the time of the accident and he had just come from a bar.

Csanyi suffered second- and third-degree burns to more than half of his body. He was flown by helicopter from Avenel Middle School, initially to University Hospital in Newark, then to Saint Barnabas, police said.

Police said no other vehicles were involved in the crash, and no other people were injured.

Hoppock said Csanyi, a graduate of Colonia High School, was one of eight new officers in December 2008.

The crash is under investigation. Police would not comment on any part of the investigation at this time.  We do know for sure that this cop was drunk at the time of the accident.  Typically in New Jersey all these cops are getting paid full salary even after the results show that they were drunk and driving.

M&A Excavating LLC, a Berks County, PA excavation contractor, exposed workers to trenching hazards; OSHA levies more than $57K in fines



Nov. 2, 2015
M&A Excavating LLC, a Berks County, PA excavation contractor, exposed workers to trenching hazards;
OSHA levies more than $57K in fines

Employer name: M&A Excavating LLC, at 120 Lyons Road in Mertztown, Pennsylvania.

The inspected worksite was located on the 500 block of Main Street in Blandon, Pennsylvania. M&A was contracted by Maidencreek Township to install a new water line from the supply line to a residence.

Citations issued: On Oct. 28, 2015, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued M&A Excavating LLC one willful, one repeat and one serious citation.

Investigation findings: On Sept. 15, 2015, an OSHA compliance officer observed M&A employees working in an unprotected trench that was 5 feet 8 inches deep, prompting the investigation.

OSHA issued the willful citation for lack of cave-in protection*. There was no means of exit from the trench, resulting in the repeat citation. Additionally, the serious citation was for excavated soil, or spoils, that was not kept at least two feet back from the excavation.

Proposed penalties: $57,400

Quote: "M&A Excavating was cited for similar violations in 2011, and is fully aware of hazards involving unprotected trenches. However, this company continues jeopardizing employee safety by not implementing proper safety measures," said Kevin Kilp, OSHA's area director in Harrisburg. "An unprotected trench can collapse at any moment, and if an employee is in that trench, it may quickly become a grave. Proper cave-in protection is critical to saving lives. "

View the citation: http://www.osha.gov/ooc/citations/m_a_excavating_1091889.pdf*

To ask questions; obtain compliance assistance; file a complaint; or report amputations, eye loss, workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers, the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the agency's Harrisburg Area Office at 717-782-3902.

Lorz Construction, Fargo, North Dakota made roofers to work above 3 stories without guard rails, fall protection.



Nov. 2, 2015
Lorz Construction, Fargo, North Dakota made roofers to work above 3 stories without guard rails, fall protection.

Falls remain the leading cause of death on construction sites.

Employer name: Lorz Construction, Fargo, North Dakota

Citations issued: Oct. 22, 2015

Investigation findings: The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Bismarck Area Office cited the Fargo roofing contractor for three willful safety violations. OSHA initiated its investigation after a worker suffered serious injuries in a May 1, 2015 incident. The forklift platform he was working from at a West Fargo construction site tipped over, injuring his back and legs.

OSHA inspectors found employees were working from scaffolds and exposed to falls of up to three stories. Lorz Construction failed to provide guard rails or fall protection equipment. The company also failed to ensure that forklifts supporting scaffold platforms were not moved while the platform was occupied, or that scaffolds were constructed scaffolds correctly. Lorz Construction was cited for similar hazards in 2014.

Quote: "Falls remain the leading cause of death and injury on construction sites. It is inexcusable for employers to not provide fall protection," said Eric Brooks, OSHA's area director in Bismarck. "Despite being previously cited for exposing workers to these hazards, Lorz Construction has yet to commit to its legal responsibility to protect workers on the job."

Proposed Penalties: $105,000

View Citations: http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/osha/OSHA20152127fs.pdf*

To ask questions, obtain compliance assistance, file a complaint, or report amputations, eye loss, workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the agency's Bismarck Office at 701-250-4521.

Workers at IPMF LLC in Beloit, Wisconsin exposed to dangerous machine parts



Nov. 2, 2015

Workers at IPMF LLC exposed to dangerous machine parts

Employer name: IPMF LLC operating as IPM Foods, Beloit, Wisconsin

Citations received: Oct. 30, 2015

Investigation findings: The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Madison Area Office cited the food product manufacturer for one willful, 12 serious and one other-than-serious safety violations.

The citations follow a May 2015 OSHA complaint investigation. Inspectors found the company did not use locking devices to prevent unintentional operation during service and maintenance, which exposed workers to moving machine parts, and it allowed employees to work on live electrical circuits.

OSHA also found the company failed to:
Evaluate workplaces for confined space hazards, inform employees of the location of confined spaces, and to implement a permit-required confined space program.
Train employees in machine safety procedures.
Train and evaluate powered industrial truck operators.
Provide electrical protective equipment.
Train workers about chemicals used in the workplace.
Record injury and illness data.

Quote: "Workers risked injury each time they serviced this equipment," said Ann Grevenkamp, OSHA's area director in Madison. "Each year hundreds of workers are injured on the job because employers like IPMF fail to train them about hazards in the workplace. The company must evaluate its health and safety program to ensure workers are protected on the job."

Proposed Penalties: $103,600

Citations: http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/osha/OSHA20152078fs.pdf*

To ask questions, obtain compliance assistance, file a complaint, or report amputations, eye loss, workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers, the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the agency's Madison Area Office at 608-441-5388.