Erick Begle, 34, with of Begle's Property Maintenance was trimming trees using a BIL-JAX 4527A trailer mounted boom lift when he was electrocuted to death in Cape Coral, Florida
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -
A Cape Coral husband and father of four lost his life in a moment while he was just doing his job.
Erick Begle, 34, was trimming trees when he was electrocuted.
NBC2 spoke with Erick's wife, Samantha, about her husband and their four children.
She said some of their kids have health issues, and she's worried about how she's going to provide for them, but at the same time, she's breathing a little easier thanks to help from a friend and support from the community.
"He was 34 years old, healthy, and in blink of an eye ... gone," Samantha said.
"He's always been my rock to get me through everything."
The Begles are part owners of Begle's Property Maintenance. Erick was the sole provider for the family. He was trimming trees in a Cape Coral neighborhood when he hit a powerline.
"The life insurance policy that we thought we had on him, we don't, and at this point, I don't know what we're going to do to provide for our kids."
A family friend set up a GoFundMe account for the family. It has raised more than $9,600 so far.
"She never asked, she's not asking for a dollar, a penny, nothing. But, it's just the fact of a mother myself, a wife, thinking what would be helpful?" said Heather Sperrazza, who set up the account.
"It's going to help a lot. We do have some children that are not exactly healthy children, and it's been a struggle for the last few years already so this definitely threw me for a curve ball," Samantha said.
She also wants to thank everyone who has reached out in support.
Man electrocuted in Cape Coral
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- A man was electrocuted and died, Saturday, while he was trimming a tree for a client on Vendome Court, off Cape Coral Street. Erick Begle, 34, with of Begle's Property Maintenance was trimming trees using a BIL-JAX 4527A trailer mounted boom lift when he was electrocuted to death in Cape Coral, Florida.
The area was blocked off with crime scene tape through the afternoon, but has since cleared. Glenn Embrie, who lives at the home where the accident happened called it tragic. "I wasn't home. I got the phone call from one of the neighbors that everything was going on," he said. "Apparently he touched the power line with the pole-saw."
The man, whose identity has not been released by police, was a local landscaper in the area and a father of four, according to Embrie.
Fox 4 spoke with a neighbor who saw the aftermath of the accident. "I came out and I saw the guy in the air and he was burnt," he said.
Fox 4 reached out to LCEC, the power company that serves the area, and we have not heard back yet. However, LCEC and FPL offer tree trimming services to avoid dangerous accidents like this one. FPL's tree trimming service can be reached here. LCEC's service can be reached here.