Saturday, April 15, 2017

Timothy Stockslager died while mowing grass after the mower overturned into a pond and trapped him under the water in Manheim Township, PA

GLEN ROCK, Pa. (WHTM) – Police say the death of a York County man who was found trapped under a mower in a pond appears to be accidental.

The York County coroner’s office is still investigating the exact cause of Timothy Stockslager’s death. An autopsy was performed Thursday, but the cause and manner of death are pending additional tests.

Stockslager, 54, of Heidelberg Township, was mowing grass Monday in the 6000 block of Hokes Road in Manheim Township when for unknown reasons the mower overturned into the pond and trapped him under the water, police said.

Two people entered the water and freed Stockslager, and firefighters revived him before he was taken to Hanover Hospital, police said. He died at the hospital Wednesday morning.


GLEN ROCK, Pa. (WHTM) – An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning to determine what caused the death of a York County man.

York County Coroner Pam Gay said 54-year-old Timothy Stockslager was mowing a property in the 6000 block of Hoke’s Mill Road in Manheim Township on Monday and was found in a pond underneath the mower.

The coroner said Stockslager was seen mowing about 10 minutes before he was found.

It is not known how he ended up in the pond. He did not live at the property where he was working.

Stockslager, of Heidelberg Township, was taken to Hanover Hospital and died Wednesday evening.


A Heidelberg Township man died after being found in a pond under a lawn tractor, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

Timothy Stockslager, 54, was seen mowing in the 6000 block of Hoke's Road in Manheim Township about 10:10 a.m. Monday. At 10:21 a.m., he was found in a pond on the property, with the lawn tractor on top of him, Coroner Pam Gay said in a news release Thursday.

Emergency medical personnel and Southwestern Regional Police were called to the scene and began resuscitation efforts on Stockslager, the coroner said.

Despite treatment, Stockslager died at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Gay said.

Southwestern Regional Police said two people spotted Stockslager submerged in the pond. They got him to dry land and started CPR, police said.

A Lineboro, Maryland, fire/rescue crew was able to revive Stockslager at the scene, but he later died at Hanover Hospital, according to police.

"The exact cause of death is still pending but by all accounts (it) is accidental in nature," police wrote in a news release.

An autopsy was performed Thursday at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown.

The cause and manner of death are pending the results of toxicology testing, Gay said.