MEC&F Expert Engineers : 4 injured in SUV and Volkswagen Beetle on Blue Route (I-476) near I-76 in Lower Merion Twp., Pa.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

4 injured in SUV and Volkswagen Beetle on Blue Route (I-476) near I-76 in Lower Merion Twp., Pa.



4 hurt in crash on Blue Route (I-476) near I-76 in Lower Merion Twp., Pa.


A crash involving an overturned SUV jammed traffic and sent four people to area hospitals. (WPVI)

Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:22PM
LOWER MERION TWP., Pa. (WPVI) -- A crash involving an overturned SUV has left four people injured and jammed traffic on the Blue Route (I-476) near I-76.

It happened at 10:55 a.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes just south of I-76 in Lower Merion Township.

Video from Chopper 6 HD showed a dark-colored SUV lying on its roof and a red Volkswagen Beetle with heavy rear-end damage.





Action News is told two of the injured were taken Bryn Mawr Hospital, one was taken to Paoli Hospital, and one was taken to Lankenau Hospital.

There was no immediate word on the extent of injuries to the victims.

Traffic was backed up on I-476 South approaching the scene. A secondary backup was visible on westbound I-76 approaching the Blue Route.