- Employer Name:
- NN Metal Stampings Inc.
- 510 Maple St.
- Pioneer, Ohio
Investigation findings: The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration cited NN Metal Stampings Inc. for nine serious and two other-than-serious safety violations. OSHA initiated an investigation after receiving a complaint of unsafe working conditions at the Pioneer company that stamps metal parts for the automotive and appliance industry.
The agency's August 2016 inspection found the company:
- Exposed workers to operating parts of machinery because parts were not locked out during service and maintenance and employees were not properly trained on machine safety procedures.
- Failed to provide adequate personal protective equipment for workers performing electrical work.
- Violated electrical safe work practices.
- Did not develop safety procedures for die setting, mechanical power presses and other machinery.
- Failed to inspect fork trucks prior to each use and re-evaluate operators at least every three years.
Proposed Penalties: $77,322
View Citations here.
To ask questions, obtain compliance assistance, file a complaint, or report workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers, the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the Toledo Area Office at (419) 259-7542.