- Cause and Origin Investigations
- Construction Failure Analysis (Residential, Industrial and Commercial)
- Structural Integrity Evaluation
- Site Investigation
- Tank removals and tank installations; licensed and insured to perform entire UST work
- In-Situ Remediation of Soil and Groundwater
- Vapor intrusion, indoor air evaluation and mitigation
- Forensic Investigations (age-dating)
- Review of Remedial Action Work Plans
- Reserve Estimation
- Cost Allocation
- RAWP Preparation
- Site Remediation
- Cleanup Level Development and Negotiation
- Expert Witness/Litigation Support
- Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) Services
- Construction Claims (Delay, Differing Site Conditions, Loss of Productivity, Acceleration, and others)
Additional Specialty Service Areas
Boilers & Burners
Construction Delay Claims
Construction Surety Claims
Construction Differing Condition Claims
Construction Acceleration Claims
Contractor Performance Issues
Defective Roadway Design
Electrical Equipment Failures
Embedded Software Hazards
Errors and Omissions
Fire Protection Systems
Fire Suppression Systems
Flood Damage Assessment
Heating & Ventilation Systems
Indoor Air Quality
Ladders, Scaffolding Falls
Mechanical Defect Evaluations
Metallurgical Age Dating
Playground Equipment Injuries
Roofing Problems & Failures
Safety & Human Factors
Scene Mapping and Photographs
Sick Building Syndrome
Sports Equipment Injuries
Trips, Slips & Falls
Underground Storage Tanks
Contact us online or call 973-897-8162 to learn more about our forensic services.
Our investigations are:
Contact us online or call 973-897-8162 to learn more about our property damage services.
- Provided expert witness services for plaintiff seeking remediation of contaminated groundwater that caused indoor air inhalation problems;
- Testified that engineering and scientific evidence was improperly collected and analyzed and was inadequate to show the age of the release;
- Origin and cause of retaining wall failures.
- Lightning damage to structures or electrical systems and equipment
- Roof failure or collapse as a result of accumulated load, additional weight and snow drift at hundreds of commercial and residential properties.
- Demonstrated that solvents in groundwater at client's property originated from off-site dry-cleaner and that client's site actually provided remediation for the off-site release of dry cleaning solvent;
- Expert witness for property owner impacted by industrial waste disposal from industrial manufacturer;
- Demonstrated that environmental analysis by a previous consultant for a manufacturing site was inadequate; as a result, the lender's concerns were alleviated and financing proceeded;
- Chemical "age-dating" and contaminant transport analyses of petroleum in groundwater at a gas station showed that contaminants originated from other parties;
- Age-dated petroleum release at a former gas station to show that the previous owner of the gas station caused groundwater contamination;
- Age-dated petroleum releases at an industrial facility to show that the on-site plume was the result of an off-site source;
- Prepared age-dating reports for over one-hundred residential fuel oil spills;
- Assisted insurance companies attorneys in defending subrogation claims; was able to demonstrate that the forensic data collected by the first party consultant were collected and analyzed using invalid methods;
- Demonstrated that structural damage to a residence was from a source other than the alleged high lake level
- Collected evidence (for the primary responsible party) that identified other responsible parties to share in the cost of a Superfund cleanup;
- Review of the site data at a bulk petroleum facility indicated that the site releases were not the result of regular oil transfer operations and that they were caused by the negligent actions of the insured’s agents; the case was settled in favor of the insurance company;
- Was able to demonstrate that the majority of the removal actions at petroleum release sites were neither reasonable nor necessary; as a result of our opinion, the insurance client settled the claim in favorable terms;
- At several drycleaner sites we were able to demonstrate that the age of the release was much earlier than the parties originally believed; as a result, the insurance client settled the claim at a fraction of the alleged liability;
- We performed numerous flood and wind damage assessments at commercial and residential properties.
Contact us online or call 973-897-8162 to learn more about our Site Remediation Services.
To properly evaluate vapor intrusion a thorough evaluation of the building's ventilation system and subsurface conditions needs to be conducted by a knowledgeable professional in accordance with state and federal established procedures.
The evaluation process typically includes a thorough building chemical inventory, the advancement of soil gas probes and the collection of soil gas samples. When indoor air quality problems are identified they can normally be resolved through the modification/installation of a properly designed ventilation system.
Metropolitan is well experienced with U.S. EPA and State vapor intrusion investigation techniques. We have completed numerous vapor intrusion and indoor air quality studies at commercial and residential properties. We have the experience to identify and resolve indoor vapor intrusion problems and the practical know-how to resolve indoor quality issues in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Contact us online or call 973-897-8162 to learn more about our Vapor Intrusion and Indoor Air Studies.
Metropolitan Engineering, Consulting, Forensics, and Environmental Remediation Services.
Contact: Dr. Bill N. Stephan, PhD, PE, JD, CIH, MBA, CHMM