MEC&F Expert Engineers : STRONG WINDS BRING DOWN A TREE ON PENNSYLVANIA MAN’S ROOF

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

STRONG WINDS BRING DOWN A TREE ON PENNSYLVANIA MAN’S ROOF






TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2015

RIDLEY TOWNSHIP, PA. (WPVI)

A Delaware County man's decision to stay up late Tuesday night may have saved his life.
The incident happened around 8:00 p.m. on the 2300 block of Franklin Avenue.

Raymond King of Ridley Township says he was watching TV downstairs when the fierce winds howled and a 40-year-old tree on his property came crashing down on his roof, right into his upstairs bedroom.

"Normally, I got to bed around 7:00 p.m. during the week. Thank God I decided to stay up a little later, if not I would've been upstairs when that fell. So I guess somebody upstairs is watching over me," King said.

King says it felt like an earthquake and sounded like a train crashing into his home.

He lives alone with his two dogs and says they're shaken up, but OK.
Source: 6abc.com