MEC&F Expert Engineers : MAN DIES IN I-55 CRASH IN MISSISSIPPI AFTER FALLING ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, HITS A TREE AND HIS RV BURSTS INTO FLAMES

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

MAN DIES IN I-55 CRASH IN MISSISSIPPI AFTER FALLING ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, HITS A TREE AND HIS RV BURSTS INTO FLAMES



MAN DIES IN I-55 CRASH IN MISSISSIPPI AFTER FALLING ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, HITS A TREE AND HIS RV BURSTS INTO FLAMES


Posted: Jan 21, 2015 1:17 PM EST 

DESOTO COUNTY, MS (WMC) - 

Investigators are looking into a deadly crash on I-55 after a driver fell asleep behind the wheel.

The crash happened early Wednesday morning. 

A driver fell asleep behind the wheel of an RV on I-55 in DeSoto County, Mississippi early Wednesday morning. He was alone in the vehicle, which caught fire after the impact.

A photo from a WMC Action News 5 viewer shows the charred RV on the side on the highway.

Officials say the man was traveling alone when he hit a tree and died.

Investigators have not released his identity.