MEC&F Expert Engineers : Two people were killed and another injured after a house fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood in Chicago

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Two people were killed and another injured after a house fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood in Chicago






The Chicago Fire Department on the scene of a fatal fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. (Captured News)

Saturday, August 27, 2016 06:46AM
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Two people were killed and another injured after a house fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Saturday morning, the Chicago Fire Department said.

The fire occurred in the 5400-block of South Laflin and was struck out around 2 a.m., Chicago Fire Media said.

Once inside, fire crews found the two victims who died. One person was transported to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.

"It was coming out the back, the top, the windows, the flames were just everywhere," said witness Rakeem James.

"I thought I was dreaming and I smelled smoke and I really was concerned about my garage," said Christina, who lives in the neighborhood. "I woke up, the whole alley was lit up and I'm seeing all these fire trucks outside."

An arson unit is investigating the fire, Chicago police said.